This is a free preview for a novel by Catherynne M. Valente.
Table of Contents
- Chapter I Exeunt, on a Leopard In Which a Girl Named September is Spirited Off By Means of Leopard, Learns the Rules of Fairyland, and Solves a Puzzle.
- Chapter II The Closet Between Worlds In Which September Passes Between Worlds, Asks Four Questions and Receives Twelve Answers, and Is Inspected by a Customs Officer.
- Chapter III Hello, Goodbye, and Manythanks In which September Nearly Drowns, Meets Three Witches (One a Wairwulf), And Is Entrusted with the Quest for a Certain Spoon.
- Chapter IV The Wyverary In Which September Is Discovered by a Wyvern, Learns of a Most Distressing Law, and Thinks of Home (But Only Briefly).
- Chapter V The House Without Warning In Which September Measures the Distance to Pandemonium, Receives a Brief Lecture in History, Meets a Soap Golem, and Is Thoroughly Scrubbed.
- Chapter VI Shadows In The Water In Which September Crosses a River, Receives a Lesson in Evolution, and Loses Something Precious, But Saves a Pooka.
- Interlude I The Key and Its Travels In Which We Turn Our Attention to a Long-Forgotten and Much-Suffering Jeweled Key.
- Chapter VII Fairy Reels In Which September Enters Pandemonium At Last and Is Discovered by the Marquess, and A-Through-L Enjoys a Lemon Ice.
- Chapter VIII An Audience with the Marquess In Which September Meets the Marquess At Last, Argues Several Valid Points But Is Pressed Into Royal Service Anyway, Being Consoled Only By the Acquisition of a Spoon and a New Pair of Shoes.
- ... While The Girl Who Circumnavigated Fairyland was originally available here in its entirety, the final act has been taken down in anticipation of the book being published in May 2011 from Feiwel and Friends.